Business Type : Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Retailer
||Detergent, Soil Stabilizer
- Water glass is a useful binder of solids, such as vermiculite and perlite.
- When blended with the aforementioned lightweight aggregates, water glass can be used to make hard,
- high-temperature insulation boards used for refractories, passive fire protection and high temperature insulations,
- such as moulded pipe insulation applications. When mixed with finely divided mineral powders, such as vermiculite
- dust (which is common scrap from the exfoliation process), one can produce high temperature adhesives.
- The intumescence disappears in the presence of finely divided mineral dust, whereby the waterglass becomes a mere matrix.
- Waterglass is inexpensive and abundantly available, which makes its use popular in many refractory applications.